Sunday’s 25 Interesting Facts
- When the Titanic departed from port it carried 1000 loaves of bread, 86,000 pounds of meat, 40,000 eggs and 36,000 apples to feed the passengers and crew on the 7 day voyage. Interesting and amazing!
- For a butterfly to fly it must have a body temperature of no less than 86 degrees fahrenheit or 30 degrees celsius.
- The largest milk producing country by volume in the whole world is India.
- The average human with a full head of hair contains between 85,000 to 150,000 hairs.
- Jupiter is the largest planet in the Earth’s solar system.
- The first bullet proof vest was invented by a women.
- Only humans cry because of feelings.
- Mohammed is the most common birth name in the world.
- It takes about 7 minutes for the average person to fall asleep
- About 1 out of every 2 million people will die by falling out of bed.
- The construction on the Parisian Notre Dame Cathedral took over 150 years to complete. It was completed in 1345.
- If the human stomach doesn’t produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks it will totally digest it’s self.
- 75% of the world’s population wash themselves in the shower from the top to the bottom. Head first feet last.
- There are approximately 31,556,926 seconds in a year.
- One fifth of all the publications from Japan are comic books.
- Writing fast consumes one sixth of the calories consumed while walking at a regular speed.
- Four out of five people over 100 years old are women.
- There is only one metal which is liquid when it’s at room temperature and it’s mercury.
- When water freezes it expands by 10%.
- The only animal with four knees is the elephant.
- Birth control pills designed for humans will also work for a gorilla.
- A Toyota car is built in 13 hours and a Rolls Royce is built in 6 months.
- A mid-sized car launched today generates only 5% of the pollution which was generated by a car from fifty years ago.
- Stopping a supertanker which is fully loaded and travels at a normal speed needs 20 minutes to stop completely.
- And last but not least….The average person laughs 15 times per day.
That’s all folks! Have a relaxing Sunday.
And you still find time to write your blog! Amazing! Thankyou… :O) x
Well, Tammy, I kind of figured that if you can find time to be generous with your kind words then I can find time to keep writing for you and the other few thousands folk who also take time to stop by from week to week. 🙂