10 ‘interesting’ facts. Know any?
1. In London, the tube route from Leicester Square to Covenant Garden is the most popular tube route for tourists despite the fact that it is actually quicker to cover this distance on foot!
2. SOS may be an international distress signal but it is not an acronym or abbreviation but a morse (as in morse code) procedural sign. The letters were chosen because they are easily transmitted in morse code.
3. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
4. The English are tea addicts; an Englishman drinks more tea than any person of any other nation (over twenty times more than Americans!
5. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
6. Google (or googol) is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros
7. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”
8. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet.
9. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
10. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off