10 ‘interesting’ facts
2. Most burglaries occur during the day.
3. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
4. English sailors were referred to as “limeys” because sailors added lime juice to their diet to combat scurvy.
5. To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds hollow then it is ripe.
6. Natural gas has no smell. The odour is artificially added so that people will be able to identify leaks.
7. Coconuts kill more people in the world than sharks. Approximately 150 people are killed each year by coconuts.
8. A car operates at maximum economy, fuel-wise, at speeds between 25 and 35 miles per hour.
9. People who are lying to you tend to look up and to the left (their left).
10. If a surgeon in Ancient Egypt lost a patient while performing an operation, his hands were cut off.