10 ‘interesting’ facts
1. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British king or queen’s image upside-down. “Oops!”
2. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet. “Good to know.”
3. A male doctor in Bahrain can only examine the genitals of a woman in the reflection of a mirror. “I guess that would settle the lawsuits.”
4. Humans are the only species on earth who have face to face sex. “No comment.”
5. If you lick a stamp you are consuming 1/10 of a calorie. “If only I’d learned that sooner!”
6. There are no words in the English language that rhyme with purple and orange.
7. Generally, women hear better than men! “Is that a fact?”
8. Sloths move so slow, algae grows on them. “I can hear it already…what did you say I have growing on me?”
9. It is physically impossible to lick your own elbow. “You just had to try, didn’t you?”
And if you simply can’t get enough of these factoids then stay tuned as this is the first of a weekly series of blog posts. And, of course, if you like, hate or simply have a fact you’d like featured, leave a comment or send an email.