Smile, it’s a belated funny Monday!
It’s a very busy week this week with the HOIME awards less than 3 days away so I haven’t been able to contribute as much to the blog as I would like
but, fear not, all will be back to normal soon. In the meantime, here are some amusing excerpts that should bring a smile to your face. This is in lieu of the ‘funny Monday’ which I’m sure you all really missed this week!
This post is brought to you by the new Facebook page A DIFFERENT ANGLE which is an extension to the blog so if you like this post, please click SHARE and LIKE on the article and LIKE on the A Different Angle page to become a fan. Thanks!
- Desired position: “Reclining. Ha ha. But seriously, whatever’s available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn’t be applying here in the first place.”
- Salary: “Make me an offer, we can haggle.”
- Last position “ Target for middle-management hostility.”
- Notable achievements: “My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.”
- Reason for leaving: “It was rubbish!”
- Preferred working hours: “1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.”
- Special skills: “Many but they’re better suited to a more intimate environment.”
- Current employer: “If I had one, would I be here?”
- Do you have a car? “I think the correct question would be, do you have a car that runs?”
- Do you smoke? “Only when set on fire.”
- Ambition for next five years: “Live on my own private island with a sexy supermodel who thinks I’m all that. Actually, I’d like to be doing that right now.”
- Do you certify the above is true and correct: “No, but I dare you to prove otherwise.”
- Sign here “Scorpio with Libra rising.”
THINGS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME:
- DO A GOOD JOB…“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside.”
- RELIGION. “You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”
- TIME TRAVEL. “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
- LOGIC. ” Because I said so, that’s why.”
- FORESIGHT. “Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”
- IRONY. “Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
- OSMOSIS. “Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
- CONTORTIONISM. “Look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
- STAMINA. “You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”
- WEATHER. “This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
- HYPOCRISY. “If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times, don’t exaggerate.”
- CIRCLE OF LIFE. “I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
- BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION. “Stop acting like your father!”
- ENVY. “There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you.”
- ANTICIPATION. “Just wait until we get home.”
- HUMOUR. “If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don’t come running to me.”
- GENETICS. “You’re just like your father.”
- WISDOM. “When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
- JUSTICE. “One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!”
You must log in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.